Test Your Telephone Etiquette IQ
检测你的电话礼仪智商
Scenario one
情景1
The time is 11:45am and Cindy is at her desk putting the final touches on last quarter’s sales figure report, which is due to her boss by noon. She is on the final page of the report when the phone rings. Cindy tries to ignore it for a few moments (hoping the person will go away), but the ringing continues. Eventually she picks up the phone and says with a smile, “This is Cindy, how may I help you?”
时间是上午11:45,Cindy 正埋头完成最后一季度的销售报表,老板要求她中午之前要交,当电话响时她正在做最后一页,Cindy 想不理它(希望这个人会挂掉电话),但几分钟后电话还在响,最后她拿起电话微笑着说,“我是Cindy,请问需要帮忙吗?”
Cindy is demonstrating good telephone etiquette:
Cindy 表现了好的电话礼仪:
True 对 False 错
Scenario two
情景2
Mary Jane is a sales assistant at a large hardware store, Her supervisor Debara, is having a brief meeting with her about some new stock that has just arrived. Mary Jane’s telephone rings. She immediately picks is up, greets the customer on the other end of the line, and politely says, “Let me put you on hold for just a moment.”
Mary Jane是一家大型仓库的销售助理,她的主管Debara 正和她开会讨论刚到的一些新的存货,这时Mary Jane 的电话响了,她立即拿起电话问候对方并礼貌地说“请稍候。”
Mary Jane is demonstrating good telephone etiquette:
Mary Jane 表现了好的电话礼仪:
True 对 False 错
Scenario three
情景3
Jim is a travel agent who works for a large travel agency. His area of specialty is domestic travel. His phone rings and on the line is a customer who needs help booking an overseas trip to Morocco. Jim explains to the customer that he does not deal with foreign travel by saying, “I’m sorry, you’ve reached the domestic travel department, you need to talk to international. Hold on for a moment, and I will transfer you.”
Jim 是一家大旅行社的代表,他负责国内旅游,他的客房在电话中要求订到摩洛哥的国际旅游。Jim 向他的客人解释他不处理国外旅游并说:“对不起,这是国内旅行部,你应与国际旅行部商谈,请稍候,我帮你转到那边。”
Jim is demonstrating good telephone etiquette:
Jim表现了好的电话礼仪:
True 对 False 错
Scenario four
情景4
Alex is the assistant to the vice president of marketing for a clothing manufacturer. She receives a call for her boss from a person whose voice she doesn’t recognize-and says, “May I ask who’s calling please?” The customer on the other end of the line gives her name and Alex replies, “I’m sorry, he isn’t in right now, may I take a message?”
Alex 是一家服装厂市场副总裁的助手,她接到一个找她老板的电话,但她并不认识此人的声音,于是就说“请问您是哪位?”电话那头的客人报出姓名时,Alex 说,“对不起,他现在不在,请问要留言吗?”
Alex is demonstrating good telephone etiquette:
Alex 表现了好的电话礼仪:
True 对 False 错
Telephone Etiquette
电话礼仪
Important Point to Remember:
你应记住:
★ Always reach for a pen paper before answering the telephone
接电话前总是备好纸和笔
★ Always put a smile in your voice when you answer the telephone
接电话总是面带微笑
★ Always answer the telephone within 3 rings
总是三声内接听电话
★ Always apologize if you cannot answer the telephone within 3rings
如超过三响才接听电话,总是对客人表示道歉
★ Always speak slowly and clearly
说话缓慢清晰
★ Always use the Caller’s name once you have established it
一旦知道对方的姓名,就要称呼他
★ Always say“You’re welcome” every time someone says “Thank you”
当对方说“谢谢”时,要说“不客气”
★ Always ask for permission before putting a Caller on hold
让对方持机稍等前先征得对方的允许
★ Always say “One moment please” before transferring a call or before putting a caller on hold if you need to check something
当你转电话因某事而让客人持机等待时,要说“请稍候”
The Difference Between an Internal Ring and External Ring:
内外线的区别:
◆ External Ring 外线
ring ring(short pause) ring ring(short pause) ring ring 铃声急促
◆ Internal Ring 内线
r...i...n...g(long pause) r...i...n...g(long pause) r...i...n...g铃声缓慢
1. Answer the Telephone
接到电话
The standard for answering the telephone will be
接听电话的标准:
External Call (Operator) 外线(总机)
STEPS 步骤 STANDARD 标准
Greet Caller 问候
State the Hotel 报酒店名称 您好.
The Marco Polo Xiamen.
Internal Call (Operator) 内线(总机)
STEPS 步骤 STANDARD 标准
Greet Caller 问候
State your department 报部门名称
Identify yourself 报自己的名字
Offer help 提供帮助 您好.
Operator.
This is Vivien.
May I help you?
Front of the House 前台部门
STEPS 步骤 STANDARD 标准
Greet Caller 问候
State your department 报部门名称
Identify yourself 报自己的名字
Offer help 提供帮助 您好.
Reservations.
This is Vivien.
May I help you?
Back of the House 后台部门
STEPS步骤 STANDARD标准
Greet Caller 问候
State your department 报部门名称
Identify yourself 报自己的名字 您好
Human Resource.
This is Vivien..
◆ Pick up the phone within three rings
三响之内接起电话
◆ Greet the caller
问候来电者
◆ Give the Hotel’s Name/Department’s Name and your name
报出酒店名称/部门名称及你的名字
◆ Ask the customer if you can help
询问客人是否需要帮助
eg. Someone wishes to speak with your superior
◆ If you do not understand the Caller’s name or company
“Sorry, could you spell your name and /or company please, Sir/Madam?”
“One moment please.”
◆ Letting your superior know there is a call
“Mr. / Ms I have Mr. / Ms (Call)from (company) on the line for you.”
◆ If you superior does not wish to take the call, is not available, or is not in the office/outlet etc.
“Mr. /Ms (Caller), Mr. /Ms (Superior) is not available/in a meeting /not here at the moment etc.. ,can anyone else help you/ may I help you, or may I take a message?”
2. Put callers on hold
请 客 人 持 机 稍 候
◆ Ask customers if you may put them on hold
询问客人是否愿意持机稍候
◆ Wait for a response
等待答复
◆ Tell customers why they are being put on hold
告知客人为什么他们要持机稍候
◆ Give a time frame
告之需等候的时间
◆ Thank customers for holding after returning to the line
接回电话时应对客人的等候说声多谢
Eg. 例:Answering more than one call at a time
◆ First call (Internal) 第一个电话
STEPS 步骤 STANDARD标准
Greet Caller 问候
State your department 报部门名称
Identify yourself 报自己的名字
Ask the caller to hold 请客人持机稍候
Respond 答复 您好!
Housekeeping.
This is Vivien.
Would you hold the line please?
Wait for a response before putting on hold
在让客人持机等待答复
If the caller replies “No”, attend to the call by saying “How may I help you?”
如客人说“不”则问“请问我能为您做什么?”
◆ Second call (External)第二个电话
STEPS 步骤 STANDARD标准
Greet Caller 问候
State your department 报部门名称
Identify yourself报自己的名字
Caller 来电者
Clerk 文员 您好!
Housekeeping.
This is Vivien.
“May I speak to Michael?”
“One moment please”
◆ Go back to the first Caller 回到第一个来电者
STEPS 步骤 STANDARD 标准
Thank Caller for waiting
感谢客人的等候 “Thank you for waiting, How may I help you?”
感谢等候,并提供帮助
◆ Different situations you may encounter when answering the telephone
接到电话时有可能碰到如下情形:
(a) Getting back to the Call when your superior extension is still busy after fifteen seconds.
15秒钟后接回电话时,主管的电话仍然占线
“Mr. /Ms (Caller), or Sir/Madam, unfortunately Mr./Ms (person being called) is still on the phone, would you like to continue waiting, or can someone else help you?”
Let the Caller hold for a further fifteen seconds.
再让来电者持机15秒钟
(b) Getting back to the Caller when an extension is still busy after the caller has held for a further fifteen seconds.
来电者再次持机15秒后,分机仍然占线,这时要对来电者说
“Mr. /Ms (Caller), or Sir/Madam, Mr. /Ms (person being called) is still on the phone, may I take a message?”
Repeat important points to the Caller.
重复来电者的说话重点
“I’ll repeat that, (Sir/ Madam, Mr. /Ms ).”
3.Transfer a call
转 电 话
◆ Explain why the caller is being transferred and to whom
向来电者解释为什么要转电话,转给谁
◆ Ask the customer if he or she minds being transferred
询问客人是否介意转电话
◆ Make sure someone is there to pick up the call before your hang up
确保在你挂电话前有人接你转的电话
◆ Tell the customer to whom you are transferring the call, the caller’s name and the nature of the call.
告知接你转过去电话的人来电者的名字及此通电话的事由
4. Take a message
记 留 言
◆ Explain your co-worker’s absence in a positive light
以一种积极的方式向你的客人解释你的同事不在
◆ Inform the caller of the availability of the person before asking his name
在询问来电者的姓名之前就应告知他所要找的人不在
◆ Give an estimated time of your co-worker’s return
给予你的同事回来的预计时间
◆ Offer to help the person yourself, take a message, or transfer her to another party
自己帮助来电者记下留言或转电话
◆ Write down all important information and attach any pertinent files
写下所有重要的信息并附上相关的文件
When taking a message the following details must always be taken down
记留言时应记录如下信息:
DETAILS 具体内容 STANDARD 标准
1. Name and Company of Caller
公司/来电者姓名
2. Contact Number (phone/pager/fax, whatever is applicable)联系电话(电话/传呼/传真)
3. The actual message if the Caller wishes to leave the details 实际信息
4. The time and date of the call 日期,时间
5. Who the message is for 留言是给谁的
6. The name of the person who took the message 记留言的人的姓名 May I have your name and company, Sir/Madam?
Your contact number, please?
The message you wish to leave
All details of the message will be read back to the Caller once all the details have been taken down. This ensures that the message is accurate. The standard will be:
向来电者重复你所记下的留言以确保其准确性,标准如下:
STANDARD标准
“I’ll repeat the message Mr. / MS…….”
5. Ending the call
结 束 电 话
◆ Repeat any action steps you are going to take
重复你记下的任何一个步骤
◆ Ask the caller if you can do anything else for him/her
询问来电者是否需要其它帮助
◆ Thank the customer for calling
感谢客人来电
◆ Let the caller hang up first
让来电者先挂线
◆ Write down any important information as soon as you get off the phone
一挂断电话就要马上写下要点
Telephone Dos and Don’ts
电话中该做与不该做
Do Give name of firm followed by ‘Good morning’ or ‘Good afternoon’, to a caller on an outside line.
对于外线来电者,说完“早上好”或“下午好”后,应该说公司的名字。
Don’t Say ‘Hello’. It tells caller nothing.
不能只讲“您好”,这样等于没有告诉来电者任何东西。
Do Give name of office, or extension number, to a caller on an inside line.
对于内线来电者,应告知办公室名或分机号码。
Don’t Say ‘Hello’, for the reason given above.
不能只讲“您好”,原因如上。
Do Answer the telephone as soon as it rings.
电话一响就得接。
Don’t Ignore a ringing telephone. Caller may be in a call-box.
不能置铃声不顾,来电者可能在公用电话亭。
Do Remain calm, polite and helpful.
保持镇定,礼貌和热情。
Don’t Lose your temper even if caller loses his.
即使来电者对你发脾气,你也不要发火。
Do Be brief-calls are charged by distance and length of call.
要尽量简洁------来电者有可能是长途电话。
Don’t Encourage callers to chat.
不要和来电者闲聊。
Do Speak normally, but a little more slowly.
语速在正常的基础上再稍慢一些。
Don’t Shout!
不要大声吼!
Do Tell the caller frequently that you are trying to connect him.
要不时告知来电者你正在帮他转电话。
Don’t Let the caller wait in complete silence-he may think he has been cut off.
不要让来电者默默地等待------他也许会认为已挂线了。
Do Thank the caller for telephoning and replace receiver quietly.
感谢来电者并轻轻地放下话筒。
Don’t Bang receiver down!
不要重重地挂断电话。
Do Remember to ring a caller back, if you promised to do so.
记得给来电者回电,如果你答应过这么做。
Don’t Forget to write a note in a Telephone Message Pad to remind you to ring the caller back.
不要忘了写一张字条放在电话机旁,以提醒你给你来电者回电。
Do Have a pad of special Telephone Message Forms by the telephone with a pencil always.
在电话机旁放一本留言簿和一支笔。
Don’t Take a message and let the caller go without asking name, address, and telephone number.
不要忘了记下来电者的姓名,地址和电话号码。
Do Write down incoming messages.
要清楚地写下来电者的留言。
Don’t Try to remember message.
不要光凭脑子记忆。
Do Read message back to callers as a check, before they ring off, especially message which contain numbers.
将所记内容念一遍给来电者确认,尤其是有关信息包括数字。
Don’t Let the caller go without making sure the message you have written down is correct.
不要在还没确定所记内容是否正确就挂断电话。
Do Write out before hand a message that you are going to telephone.
在挂电话之前,事先写出所有讲的内容。
Don’t Rely on your memory.
不要光凭您的记忆。